Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Celebrate for JAI #269

This is my entry for the Just Add Ink #269 - Color Combo challenge.




I used Lost Lagoon for my card base. I added a layer of Whisper White which has been stamped in Tip Top Taupe and Lost Lagoon using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. I inked the stamp in each colour once and then stamped each three times to get the different shades.

I picked the largest butterfly from Watercolor Wings and stamped the layers using Soft Sky, followed by Pool Party and then Lost Lagoon. The butterfly was cut out using the matching Bold Butterfly framelits.

A Soft Sky butterfly, cut using the Butterflies thinlits, was added over the top of the stamped butterfly.

The Celebrate from the Expressions Natural Elements was coloured using Tip Top Taupe Ink.

The card has been finished by adding some Lost Lagoon Stitched Satin Ribbon.

I like this colour combination - what do you think?

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Patricia! Your grunge background works perfectly to showcase that lovely butterfly...Lovely use of the colours! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Patricia! I love your grunge background and all the lovely layers on your butterflies and the Taupe Celebrate is a wonderful idea that I will have to try too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've used the challenge colours beautifully, Patricia. Gorgeous Grunge and butterflies are a fabulous combination, and I love what you've done with them. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful and just love the two layers of the butterfly. The veneer word is a brilliant idea too! So glad you joined us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete